2011 Global Forum: 'Leveling the International Playing Field'
About the 2011 Global Forum
The theme for the 2011 Global Forum, ‘Leveling the International Playing Field’, will delve into a variety of critical topics that are transforming borderless higher education. These include:
- Global Regionalism - the emergence of regional higher education network;
- Private Partnerships - trends & developments in private partnerships in tertiary education;
- Student Mobility - factors influencing where students study, including immigration;
- Open & Distance Learning - global applications of open and distance learning systems, and examples of good practice;
- International Quality Assurance - quality assurance and assessment models for ensuring quality, including examples of good practices;
- The Transnational Student Experience - successful models for providing these services to transnational higher education students.
Who should attend?
Senior leadership & management staff at universities & colleges planning or curently engaged in transnational higher education programs, including:
As well as representatives from:
Benefits for delegates
A sound consideration of transnational higher education policy & practice, including:
- How to align borderless initiatives with institutional mission, vision & values;
- Key planning steps in developing borderless higher education initiatives;
- Contractual & regulatory requirements for borderless higher eduation initiatives;
- Quality assurance & assessment processes necessary for program delivery;
- Networking opportunities with colleagues from around the world; and
- Opportunities to share best practices and promote successful borderless initiatives.